- PLTW alumni are studying engineering and technology at five to ten times the average rate of all students.
- PLTW students have a higher retention rate in college engineering, science and related programs than other students in those areas.
- 97% of PLTW seniors intend to pursue a 4-year degrees or higher, whereas the national average is 67%.
- 80% of PLTW seniors say they will study engineering, technology or computer science in college whereas the national average is 32%.
- PLTW students achieve significantly higher scores in reading, mathematics and science than career and technical education (CTE) students in the same school in similar CTE fields.